Sharing the highs and lows of life with my 15.3 thoroughbred cross mare, Emmie.

Wednesday 6 May 2015

Lesson: Positivity goes a long way!

Last week I went for another lesson at Osberton. Emmie was a total superstar!






Mark had put out some dressage boards so while the fences were being set up, I warmed up in there. I don't often get an opportunity to ride around dressage boards and Emmie does get a bit spooky about boards sometimes, so it would good to go in there nice and relaxed and just ride around them.

Then onto the fences! We started with a fun little exercise of a double of cross poles. It could either be taken on a forward one stride or a short two stride, so we started by going for the one and then bringing her back on her hocks to sit for two. I was really pleased that she did it so well - once upon a time it would have been an absolutely mammoth task!

As her mouth is looking better, she's back in a bit she is happy with, she just felt awesome. We did a full  course of just over 1m to prepare for our next event, with a skinny thrown in there. I feel really confidant and know how I need to ride at the event.

My biggest struggles in competition are little uprights thrown in the middle of the course as she just doesn't respect them, and having her start to run through the bridle and not correcting it, so then she gets flat. I had both thrown at me in the lesson, and after an initial couple of mistakes she jumped around beautifully.





Look out for my next event report after Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment