Sharing the highs and lows of life with my 15.3 thoroughbred cross mare, Emmie.

Sunday 26 June 2016

Taking a bit of time to enjoy it again!

Hi everyone!

After my disastrous last event, I decided we really needed to spend a little bit of time enjoying it again. I was feeling a bit down about eventing and asking myself why I even bother spending all that money - not a great mindset when we've only done two competitions so far!





Our next one is in two weeks and since Speetley Emmie got to relax and have a few days off. We've done a bit of this and that, but I haven't put much pressure on her. I had a jump in the school last Tuesday and she was awesome;


A video posted by kyrie.b (@kyriexb) on

 I feel really relived that she was her old self and didn't seem to be pulling any of her tricks from Speetley.
Yesterday we went to the gallops at osberton and had a little pelt round, which was great fun. My thighs are killing me today though!
We're off to do a bit of showjumping on Tuesday and then if that goes well I'll feel a bit more prepared for our next competition (Buckminster).

In some non-horsey news, I'm also off to another zoo to work with black rhino this week! I am so excited. We are getting black rhino at our facility in the near future (their house is being built right now!) so it is just to get a bit of rhino experience under my belt. I have the coolest job!

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment